Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Spring Break

Golden Gate Bridge






Safari West


Ostrich egg- Safari West



Pier 39- Sea Lion Refuge

Japanese Tea Gardens-Golden Gate Park


Spring Break, April 5-12 found us driving the coast of California. We had a fabulous time. We started in San Francisco and worked our way down the coast. Too much to see and do in one week so we are vowing to do it more often.

Some highlights were: Walking the Golden Gate Bridge; learning about African animals and sea creatures in the same week; seeing the fruits of two home builders-one a beautiful castle to share with friends and family (Hearst Castle), the other, a warren of bizarre rooms to keep everyone (ghosts included) out (Winchester Mystery House); some of the most gorgeous coastline I have ever seen and being in John Steinbecks's home town.


Our Trip:

San Francisco- Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, Ghiradelli's for sundaes, Pier 39, Tartine Bakery, Lombardy Street (twice), Golden Gate Bridge, Golden Gate Park, Japanese Tea Gardens, Sausalito.

Santa Rosa: Cheese Farm, Safari West

San Jose: Winchester Mystery House

Santa Cruz: Henry Cowell Redwoods

Montery: Aquarium, Dennis the Menace Park, Cannery Row, beaches, 17 mile drive

Salinas: John Steinbeck Museum

Carmel: Beach, drive through Big Sur

San Simeon: Hearst Castle

Solvang: Aebleskiver dinner

Ventura: Harbor, vintage VW car show, Farm stand

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip. Good job with the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I love the pictures! I want to copy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how fun. April, I have the wedding pictures you took of Dusty and I on the beach up in our living room and people always tell me they love them. We think of you often and your talent. Thank you. Your kids are all grown up.

    ReplyDelete