I bought three two-pound packs of strawberries at Cost-co on Saturday. I needed two to make some chocolate covered strawberries for a funeral and one to keep and eat ourselves.I took eight strawberries, quartered them and sprinkled on some sugar; added some Angel food cake along with whipped cream and ate away.
An hour later when I was getting into the shower I noticed a rash covering my torso. Two days and three Benadryl tablets later the rash is even more developed and has spread down my arms.
A friend who is allergic to strawberries said this is how the allergy to strawberries starts and later it could become respitory, lovely.
I am still in denial and grappling with this new development. How can I live without strawberries?
In the spring it is all about strawberries, lemons, and asparagus. The perfect trifecta. I am bull- headed enough to push the limits (maybe I can eat three before anything happens). I have no plans to go to a Dr and be told what many wise people have already told me "April, you are allergic to strawberries".

Oh no!! That is terrible! This is going to sound like voodoo, but I swear it works! Corry used to have a ton of food intolerences (not true allergies, but very sensitive to certain things). His chiropractor did a treatment called NMT on him and now he can eat those foods.
ReplyDeleteCan you guys come down for McKenna's baptism Sat. at 2:30??? Sorry this is late. I was going to call you because our e-mails don't like each other, and I never did!
That is awful! I am with you-----how can you live life being allergic to strawberries! Maybe just eat one and see what happens.....
ReplyDelete