We've been pulled into the last month of school vortex.
Today is the last day of school. I am sure we are the last of the last to get out. Even Laguna Niguel got out yesterday. I am starting to feel free!
Here is a sampling of what we've been doing.

I love the all golf cart decorations on Memorial Day.
This is our golf cart decorated by the kids.
Grace at the Emerald Bay Memorial Day picnic.
Self portrait of Katie and me at the picnic.
Grace on the Velcro wall.
A little Beach time with friends.
Lunch with my lovely visiting teachers and teachees. We have an overlap with teaching assignments so we have had a lunch together about every quarter. Juliett always hosts.
Juliett, being an amazing hostess.

Grace made a bench for a project in school. She decorated it with cards and bottle caps she found on the ground in Mexico.

Grace turned 9 on June 9th.

Derik fell asleep during Grace's birthday dinner. He has been working his tail off this past month with his two businesses.

Ford, Madeline and Grace seemed to have an inordinate amount of projects and reports due this last month.
Madeline took the ACT for the first time. I need a job to pay for all the tutors we hired this year; Chemistry, Algebra II, and ACT prep tutors are more expensive than Algebra I and Geometry tutors.

Ford had a good time playing on a recreational volleyball team.

Grace had a small party with a few school mates.
Madeline made Derik a lovely Father's Day breakfast.

Derik and I had the pleasure of attending our dear friend, Bob Hanseen's 90th Birthday celebration. I adore him. He was the Primary Bishopric counselor when I was Primary Pres. about 10 years ago and he and I developed a friendship that I cherish.

This is my beach volleyball coach Bill Christiansen. I've been taking weekly lessons since last September with a group of ladies. It is a great workout. Last week we played a game for an hour with some much more experienced players and I was so sore and stiff the next day. I can't wait until I am a decent player.
Bill played for UCLA and he used to coach Corona Del Mar High school. He not only gives great volleyball instruction, he is like a life coach too, so I am physically and mentally invigorated when the class is done.

This is a picture of me and Grace's 3rd grade class on the day I was the mystery reader for them. Her teacher was tough as nails this year, but Grace had more enrichment activities, field trips, projects and supplemental education than any of my kids, in any grade, ever. Grace is happy it is over, though.
Her class created Laguna Beach Village out of boxes. She and her partner built the Finger Hut Art Gallery.
No comments:
Post a Comment