I had my usual beginning of the year list of what I was going to do to improve myself/family. The list basically never changes and I actually like to make goals, even if they're the same ones. It was going along as planned: exercising more, eating healthier, kids clean and learning, etc. Half way througn the month I was derailed. None of the following events in and of itself was overwhelming, but one after the other was surreal.
Jan. 17-have flu/cold come on, Jan. 23 next door neighbor's housekeeper/nanny crashes into my home (no one hurt except master bathroom destroyed) Jan. 24&25-Laryngitis and the parade of insurance adjusters, contractors, damage repair men, asbestos inspectors begins (and is still going strong). Jan. 25- Ford gets stomach flu, Jan. 25- Miramar (our company) van won't work, Jan. 26-Range Rover (now the loaner car to our company) has a suspension problem, Jan. 28- Grace gets stomach flu, Jan. 29-30 - Madeline and I get stomach flu, Jan. 28 Miramar program director gets the German Measels. Jan. 30- I begin to feel normal again.
Doesn't this mean we get a free pass on illness and car problems for a while? Ya, right.
Jan. 17-have flu/cold come on, Jan. 23 next door neighbor's housekeeper/nanny crashes into my home (no one hurt except master bathroom destroyed) Jan. 24&25-Laryngitis and the parade of insurance adjusters, contractors, damage repair men, asbestos inspectors begins (and is still going strong). Jan. 25- Ford gets stomach flu, Jan. 25- Miramar (our company) van won't work, Jan. 26-Range Rover (now the loaner car to our company) has a suspension problem, Jan. 28- Grace gets stomach flu, Jan. 29-30 - Madeline and I get stomach flu, Jan. 28 Miramar program director gets the German Measels. Jan. 30- I begin to feel normal again.
Doesn't this mean we get a free pass on illness and car problems for a while? Ya, right.

Oh my goodness! Yes, you have filled your quota for the year! I'm glad you weren't in the middle of a shower when it happened!
ReplyDeleteSee that is why you need a blog! For great pictures like that. You can't really go wrong with the black. I'm starting to get bored of mine. We'll see if I have the energy to mix it up. Here's to February!
ReplyDeleteWow, April, start a blog and right out of the gate, you offer us biblical pestilences. Absolutely, I think you're due for a break in February (beware the Ides of March!). Nice, clean looking page, and the name-- perfect. I'm really looking forward to hearing and seeing more of you now, and your ethereal photographic eye.
ReplyDelete