Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Back to School Discombobulation

The Brians watched a lot of Summer Olympics
(created by Ford)

I am all alone....okay, Gidget is actually sitting in my lap making it hard to use the keyboard, but other than that I am the only human in my home right now. Today was the first day back to school. I am very disoriented. I made a list of all the things I need to do, short and long-term, but I still don't know where to start.


I really want to go through the house with some yard trash bags and start chucking things. I really dislike things. I might be ready for a modern house with so many glass walls you can't really have anything in sight, just enough clothes for the season.

I really want to go to the gym where I haven't been all summer. The equipment must miss me.
I also would like to just dive into all the projects that have been on hold, oh..... but where to start?

Madeline started High School and Ford started Middle School today. I have one child in each level of school now, Elementary-High School. I realized recently that Ford and Grace will never be in the same school again at the same time. Ford and Madeline will be in school together for just one year when Mad is a senior. This isn't all that extraordinary, just some comtemplative points for a mom whose trying to grasp what phase of motherhood she is in.

I think I'll take a minute and reflect on some of my favorite summer moments and then I'll move on:





Hiking up Mt. Timpanogos

Inside the caves at Mt Timpanogos with my sisters in law Marnie & Darin

Being in the presence of the one and only Madame X

La Brea Tar Pits



Having the cousins in town (ice cream night)

Tea at American Girl Place, LA, with Madeline & Grace



Hanging out with Eric & Chanel.....driving in the trolley



This is the Place Park July 24 celebration



Lots of beach time

Lots of driving in the golf cart

Ford & Rachel taking a skate board class at Skatelab



Madeline, Darian, & Grace baking and preparing a beautiful tea.
They decorated a cake, baked scones & cookies, and made lemonade.

Shopping in San Diego



Hanging out with the cutest, sweetest dog in the world, Gidget!

Going to Hurricane Harbor water park with Janeen & her girls Rachel & Sophie

Bike rides in Coronado

Surfing

Ford & Grace feeding the birds in Coronado

3 comments:

  1. Love the pic Ford!! That is such a picturesque tea party--I can see (and taste) it now. April, thats cRaZy about the 3 school stages--but exciting!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the summer recap! I am so glad school is in. It must be weird, but a really good weird, to be home alone with Gidget.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an incredible, fun filled summer. I can't wait to see what amazing projects your talents produce with your new free time.

    ReplyDelete