After watching a recent episode of Top Design I had an epiphany to paint our powder bathroom a hot, almost bouganvilla PINK. It was an apple green (sort of), but because of the lighting from the window the green had an olive cast to it. Every time my mom would see it I would hear "this isn't my favorite color green", nor mine, but it was supposed to be more apple and it happens to look great in the guest room which must have better lighting. Derik also informed me that green is known to be the worst color for a bathroom, no one wants to look into the mirror and have a green palor.

So pink it would be. India Hicks loves a pink wall and I love India Hicks' style. I had to use a special base coat and then painted five layers of the pink. It still doesn't feel hot enough for me. Derik says it's a nice "brothel pink". I have hung the pictures back on the wall, but have left the painting tape on just in case I decide I can't live with it.
See, another project.

April!
ReplyDeleteIt's so nice to hear from you!
Gotta love this blogging thing. So fun to see what everyone's up to.
BTW, LOVE the hot pink!!!
I love it.
ReplyDeleteYou always make things look so incredible, I think it looks great!
ReplyDeleteYou're a bold girl, April! :) Love it and love the picture of the Del! It's my new favorite place. I sent you an e-mail~ just checking to see if you got my instructions. Hope the internet didn't eat them!
ReplyDeletelove love love the pink, killer! fun:)
ReplyDelete