Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Olvera Street

(Ford & friend Troy) 
 Q: What kind of cheese doesn't belong to you?
     A: Nacho Cheese

We took a quick trip up to Olvera Street in LA on MLK Day.  It is a very short street so we came, we ate, we shopped, we left.....in two hours.  None of hassles (i.e. drug murders), traffic, smells of TJ, with all the perks.


Aztecs danced for us.  Just long enough to satisfy adults and short enough to entertain the kids, but not bore them.


Churros fresh from the hot, not so fresh oil, but still yummy.  Ford is wearing his new jacket thing that I cannot remember the name of for the life of me.  I am sure, back in the Jr High school day, when every guy wore one of these, we called them a "Lopez".  Ford gives me a blank stare whenever I use the term.  He's calling it a Poncho, which is wrong too so I need to do some research.


Grace fixated on buying the most "native" looking Mexican dress she could find.  Mad and I tried to get her to look at clothing that she could wear.......in public.  I just know this will be her outfit on Sunday because I had to tell her she could not wear it to school today.

The highlight of Olvera Street are the authentic Taquitos they make with the tasty tomatillo-guacamole.  they are hand made, not the nasty machine made kind.  They are so good....my dear friend Leslie S.L. will back me up on this.

2 comments:

  1. As soon as I heard Olvera Street, I started craving taquitos and I'm a vegatarian. What a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. I love those taquitos! I was in L.A. that day too, down the street for work:(. Looks like you had a blast!

    ReplyDelete