Thursday, February 12, 2009

LOVE

I grew up in a home where saying "I Love You" was used liberally.  It was expected that a hug and kiss would be exchanged with every Grandparent, Aunt and Uncle.  I would never walk past a relative, especially now,  without a kiss...on the lips, no air kissing or cheeks.  Whenever I talk to a sibling or cousin an "I Love You" ends most conversations.
This is probably why it flowed so easily off my lips when I realized that is how I felt for my then boyfriend, now husband.  It always has been easy for me to say to anyone I feel a love for, many friends included.
I still remember how my big brother Randy just about throttled me when we left my Grandparents' house and he thought I didn't give my sick Grandma a kiss.  I actually wanted to throttle him for thinking I would leave without doing it.  Yes, the affirmation "I Love You" is important to me.


Derik and I took a romantic trip through Italy 16 months ago.  Here we are standing in front of a lovers' wall all decorated in love graffiti.  This was during a walk through the Cinque Terre and holding hands on the way is a requisite. 
It feels nice to have a romantic love and I relish the moments when we can indulge in romance and forget the laundry and schedules.  


I have many loves: Romantic (Derik), maternal.....love for my friends & family...even my dog.  Yep, I love to love and Valentines Day is just a reminder of that.  I can't wait for the excuse to stuff my face with fine food while I think about it; you caught me, I Love Food too and sometimes when I'm in the mood I'll tell it so.


No comments:

Post a Comment