Thursday, May 21, 2009

I'm Free

This bird flew into the house on my birthday and is standing on the television.  I tried to think of a pleasant metaphor for a bird flying into the house on my birthday or a harbinger of something good, but at the time Madeline was just finishing "The Birds", which is a dark tale, and I didn't want to go there.  As long as the bird got out of the house alive (it did) I was going to view it as a special visit on my birthday.

However, after I watched American Idol last night and realized that I didn't have any more finales to watch, I became a free woman.  I now have my metaphor for this bird.

April 2009 marked the first anniversary for having a TV, not the actual TV set, but cable, or in our case, DirectTv.  I was immediately sucked into the vortex of all it had to offer.  This was my first year of American Idol (obviously) and I really liked all of the top 10.  I want to hear great songs from Adam, Alison, Danny, Megan-Joy, and Kris....in that order.  I was very sad last night that Adam lost to Kris, who I just liked, not loved and I realized I was way too wrapped up in it.

So this bird is going to remind me to just get free from the TV for a while and move on.

1 comment:

  1. As sad as I am that my favorite shows are ending, it is a nice break. Time to break out the books!

    ReplyDelete