Friday, December 4, 2009

Grace

is constantly creating set ups of homes for her Barbies and Polly Pockets. Her most recent tableau was in the.....Microwave Oven. Ford was tempted to turn it on to see what would happen, but I quickly immortalized her work and disassembled it before he could try.

In this regard, Grace is a girl after my own heart. I absolutely loved creating living spaces for my dolls as a girl. Kathy Tummillo and I played "doll house" (our code for the Fisher Price dolls) until we were 12 years old. We were soul sisters from the age of three so we had lots of doll time.
One of my favorite homes we created was on a large board with a laminate floor covering. We would create a lot of rooms made from small objects around the house, not too unlike Grace's microwave room.
We were definately the "TV generation" of the 1970s, but thankfully not the "over scheduled" generation of the 2000s, so we still had a lot of time for free form creativity.
I still adore dolls and doll houses, and anything miniature sets me into convulsions of delight!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! No wonder Grace and McKenna get along so well. They are both dolly girls! (Actually, so is Larkin!)

    ReplyDelete