Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

This was a special Thanksgiving for the Brian family.
My in laws Pat and Sherry built a home for the Pat Brian Family.

It's 6,000 square feet of pure spacious cousin celebrating possibilities. It was finished in about 6 months, which is unheard of in California, so we were so amazed that it was done for Thanksgiving.

Let the cousin rendevouz begin.


The Brian's are all hard workers. When we arrived the house was full of unpacked boxes and furniture moved into the house, but not arranged. Within 12 hours the boxes were unpacked and furniture was put into its place. We had projects all weekend and in Brian style a TON was accomplished.
It was amusing to see all of the opinions about what should belong where, but everyone was respectful about it. My only strong opinion was I wanted these windows to be view windows (notice the expansive unobstructed view), but panes were placed on them later, sigh.


Dad Brian coming down from the loft.


The kids put on plays (Thanks to the Nielsons for donating all their old Halloween costumes)





The loft sleeps a lot of cousins.


Ford got his first gun this week. They shot targets everyday.





Master of the fire.

Mom Brian has the energy of two people and she is always cheerful (not to mention gorgeous). How does she do it?


Grandpa Brian taught the boys how to drive the truck. You have never seen boys more willing to go back and forth to the dump.



Savy recording our week.

Ford serving drinks.


One of Emerson's many talents.


The boys hiked up the hill behind the house, which had us parents a little nervous. It's precarious. One slip and someone's going to break something, like a neck.


The Main Event! In the high desert the rolls raise like no where in the world. They are amazing and I could easily just eat them and not miss the rest of the meal.








Cheers!

So many pies, so little time.


There are some fabulous little barns all over the property. I can't get enough of them.


Basketball.


Quads.


All of the children of Pat and Sherry got them a bell to hang next to the front door. It says Brian Ranch est. 2009 Grover


Me and my honey!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you took so many pics. Thanksgiving was so fun, we can't wait to see everyone back for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April I love this post! It makes me remember all the wonderful Thanksgivings I spent at the Ranch. I even recognize some of the glasses and plates! I always have admired how Pat can crack the whip with a smile on his face. And I always admired how my aunts could put on meals and clean them up almost magically. So fun to see the second generation of Brians. And you and Derrick look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete