I got to spend a few days in Scottsdale with Tanya and Sheli. We always have a great time!
This trip included a visit to Taliesin West (Frank Lloyd Wright's winter campus/home), shopping, dining, and lots of catching up.
I've been wanting to visit Taliesin West for years and the stars finally aligned and I can now cross it off my list. I have an interest in Frank Lloyd Wright's designs and life, very complex. I have watched many biographies about him and have looked at many of his books of the buildings/homes he's designed.
I've read "Loving Frank" and am in the middle of reading "The Women".
The tour of Taliesin West was so informative and very satisfying. They are very generous with information and letting you sit on the built-in furniture and looking into rooms/bathrooms. I don't think I've ever been on a tour of a home where I felt pulled into the world of the owner as much as this one, due to the fabulous tour and tour-guide.
This spire, designed by Frank Lloyd Wright, is not located at Taliesin West, but nearby, and there is an interesting story about it.


I have to see Falling Water one day, I must! I would like to see the original Taliesin, in Wisconsin, one day too. That would be an emotional place.

No comments:
Post a Comment