Thursday, October 28, 2010

We're hanging in there!



It's Halloween season again and quite frankly I am ready for it to be over. Gone are the days when Trick or Treating was the celebration, now it is a season: Parties, pumpkin patches, homes decorated like Christmas, school carnavals, and this year Trunk or Treat ( legit since it's on Sunday this year).
We have been invited to pumpkin carving parties, bring a pot of chili pot lucks, and don't forget to wear a costume.
While I might sound like a scrooge, I think the excitement of the actual Halloween Day is diluted by too many celebrations. A party here and there is great, especially for my older kids since they don't really trick or treat, but Madeline's been to two costume parties already and the Halloween weekend starts tomorrow.
I am sure this is just a case of "girl raised in the 70s adapting to the 2000s", but simple was fine for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment