My dear friend Sheli and family came out for a few days during their school break (AZ vacation week). We had to visit with each other between all the things that were already scheduled. I just wanted to spend all my time with her and the fam. ( No picture of Sheli, because I was too distracted to actually pull my camera out).

We did get to watch the BYU vs. NM game together that we recorded, which reminded us how much fun we used to have at the games back in the day. We bought tickets in blocks with all of our friends and neighbors so we all sat together at every game. So much fun.

I was in charge of reviewing this month's book at the book club I belong to, so I had to prepare for that on Wed. The book was "The Secret Scripture" by Sebastian Barry. What a fab book, we all loved it. Tomorrow he finds out if he wins the "Man Booker Prize" for new fiction. He
made it to the short list of 6. Any way, he is my new favorite author and I plan on reading more of his work.
We had soccer practices and games, had to clean the church, get Mad to her Homecoming game to sing the National Anthem with the chorus. We were cleaning the church before the game and stopped to walk across the street to watch her sing, while standing outside the gate. We got there at 7:02, but the team was already playing. I guess the anthem is sung at 6:45, oops and actually a bummer, because I really wanted to hear the 5 part rendition.


The weekend ended with me frosting a fake cake on Sunday for my YW lesson in the van during Sunday school because I just couldn't get to it any sooner, too busy and then too tired.
This week I am trying to get ahead of it, I just need to make it to Wed. when I have to be in charge of the YW/YM combined activity. I want Sheli back for another visit!

April, that is great about your family efforts toward Prop 8!! I would love to get Derik's reasons in bullet point form. Well, any form would do. :) Maybe you guys could e-mail me? I am feeling like I need to be more concise when explaining it to people and it sounds like Derik's response would be really helpful!
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Yes, I might need to talk to Derik as well. I am about to make phone calls this week!
ReplyDeleteyou guys are busy, busy! way to go on putting so much effort into prop 8, very admirable! and missed you at scotty orison's wedding!!!!:(
ReplyDelete