Thursday, November 13, 2008

Disneyland

My three spots of tea



We get very excited about Disneyland.  We have created a tradition that works just fine for our family.  We go only once a year.  I say "only" because we live 20 min. away from the park and it would seem like a no brainer to have annual passes. 

But we have our reasons:
#1- We want it to stay magical.  I still get the chills when I approach the entrance.  

#2-  When I go too often it starts to feel common.  I start noticing the actors, the dirt, the flaws, and get a little bored.

#3- Because we wait for it, we do it extra special.  We get Hopper passes and have lunch at Club 33.

#4- You can't do everything in one day so it leaves you wanting more....next year.


Ford and I in line for Finding Nemo 

Under my hat this day is a bandaged forehead.  Last Saturday I walked into the tailgate on my van as it was automatically closing.  I probably needed stitches, but my perfectionistic husband closed it real tight with butterfly bandages and a little scar sure beats waiting on a Saturday  in an Urgent Care.  Ford has a cracked lip (we are a pair).

Autotopia

Grace at the wheel, mom on the gas.  The gas pedal is freaking hard to push (is this fake swearing?)



Lunch at Club 33
Grandpa and Grandma Brian came with us this year.  We LOVE being at Disneyland with them!



We always stuff our faces.  There is an appetizer and dessert buffet with  lunch ordered off the menu.  
After the feed we always go to The Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean to rest a bit so we can make it around the parks the rest of the day.

In New Orleans

We had some firsts today:

-We finally went on Finding Nemo.  We could never justify waiting 90 minutes.  So we waited 30 this time and it was cute, but not worth another minute of waiting.  My father in law Pat said "I don't need to do that one again"  and I concur. 

-Grace went on California Screeming at California Adventures for the first time.  I sat  next to her, but it is impossible to look at someone during the ride, because of the G-force.  When we stopped at the end I looked over not knowing what to expect.  She gave me a big "that was crazy-fun" grin and said "I want to do it again".
 
-She also went on the Tower of Terror willingly (we talked her into it two years ago and she was traumatized) and begged to go again.
  
-My in laws went on Splash Mountain for the first time, only a 5 min. wait and loved it.  My mom in law Sherry said her favorites of the day were Tower of Terror and Splash Mountain.
My favorite ride in both parks is Tower of Terror so I am happy to have a mom a daughter who love it as much as I do.

- My father in law did this whole day during his chemo treatment.  He is in the off cycle right now, but  I was expecting him to tire out easily.   He was more enthusiastic than anyone, as usual.


Grace on the L in CALIFORNIA

5 comments:

  1. Great yearly tradition. It reminds me of our Halloween Trip last year when we stayed with these AWESOME cousins in Emerald Bay!

    Seriously! What a great memory that will always be! I love your blog and we love your family. Come see us when you can stay!!!

    Oh, and I loved your trip to NYC with Madeline. What an amazing thing for a mom and daughter to do. If Hannah and I do that, I will be 50!!! Eewwh! course' 50 I hear is the new 30! heh heh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! We have a tradition, too~ we only go about every 5 years! lol! I think a little more often would be better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun day. So good to see a picture of Uncle Pat, can totally see him beating out everyone with zest and energy despite his circumstance. Looked like a blast, loved the pics:)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun idea to keep it so magical, I love it. How fun that Pat & Sherry were able to go too. We are so excited for next week :), thank you again...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Disneyland and totally agree with you that if you go too many time in a given year it loses the magic! Grace has become quite the fealess one...how fun you can all go on the same rides together

    ReplyDelete