When I was a child we had Halloween day, my children have Halloween season. I have to admit though, this year felt much calmer, due to no Primary party or other party invites. I think this was because Halloween was on a Friday, no school the next day, let's partay!
Here are some of our Halloween season photos:
The Sarah Palin saga: I decided I would dress up as Sarah Palin after a failed attempt by Madeline to get us all to be vampires, the Cullen family. Grace decided she would rather be a "Hippie Chick" so the idea was scrapped. I have a general Sarah Palin look and a red coat in my closet so "game on".
Derik came home from work one day and announced he would be entering the costume contest at work (Derik typically doesn't like costumes) because the 1st prize was a 42" Plasma screen TV. He really wanted the TV for our upstairs Jasmine House facility so he said "I am going to do it and I'm going to be Sarah Palin". What? It was my idea first ( but he didn't know that) and he doesn't exactly come to mind when you think of Sarah Palin impersonators....but he really wanted the TV.
Derik, as he is leaving for the contest

Madeline called him in the car on the way home from school to see how the lunch time contest went. We were very excited to hear he won 1st place, he got the TV. When we got home I showed her the pictures of dad as Sarah. She took a look and said "Oh, I will never be able to look at those photos again, I am going to be scarred for life".
Hard to believe from these photos he really looks like the new James Bond.


My version of Sarah Palin
We had a pre-Trick or Treat dinner
Madeline said there were two teachers who dressed like Sarah and Ford said there was a girl who dressed like her also. Not the most original idea, but after tomorrow, I'm afraid we'll forget her

Yay on the TV! That pic of Derik is HILARIOUS, wowza. Love the kiddos costumes. April, you make a much better and quite spot-on yet more beautiful in many ways Sarah Palin. Sarah Cowan was also Sarah Palin for Halloween, she made a pretty good one too! Love the Halloween table decor btw.
ReplyDelete