Tuesday, December 9, 2008

California Dreaming

I am in LOVE!  I know, the english language constrains me to use the same word for this car as I use for my husband, but how else do I describe it?

Being a native Southern California girl it's in my blood to love all things VW (I still have and adore my convertible Beetle) and it seemed every other person in my high school had a VW of some sort as their first car.  My mom and sister Terri drove the Beetle, friend Kathy's dad drove the bus.  If you were really cool you had a Karmann Ghia  and one girl had hers painted bubble gum pink....ooo I adored her car.  Friend Janeen scored a restored Microbus that she had painted lime green and white...perfection.  That thing fit so many people, I shudder at that thought as a parent, not enough  seatbelts for everyone. I had the GTI.

This beautiful bus is new and was created by Verdier, who got a license to create it since VW scratched its plan to bring the microbus back.  He made it eco chic....solar and biodiesel powered.  I am just drooling at the thought of it.  The only problem (more than one actually)  The camper/bus only seats and sleeps four, which might work for a family of a Silicone Valley exec., but not mine and the price is mighty steep $129,000, which also might work for that exec, but not me.

Thankfully, Verdier created one that is just the bus, no camper and it seats 6 and is less expensive, $69,000.  Ya, not quite in my budget yet and I really want to ask Verdier "where do I put the surfboard?" 





This is the Woody.
The website is fun...you get to watch the camper show you its features.
www.verdier.ca/

2 comments:

  1. Too fun! Of course I loved the color and the whole set up, sooooooo rad. Sooooo you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We must have the same taste in cars April....I am drooling over this one, especially the woody. I must be a hippy at heart!

    ReplyDelete