Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas Denial

I have a huge list of  things I Need to do before tomorrow afternoon and I really mean huge.  We are headed to Utah for an Old Fashioned Christmas at the Ranch.  It is such an amazing place to be for Christmas,  but....I have a list of must do's that I am just dreading.  
Last night Madeline informed me that the Holiday Tea she was invited to, which I was planning on checking a few things off that list while she was there, was really a mother/daughter tea.  Gasp.

The Holiday Tea....lots of goodies and....my list, I need to be checking off my list.

Madeline's friend Joni decided to go to a boarding school like her older sister and is home for the Christmas holiday.  Her mom has been throwing a Holiday Tea for 15 years (this is our first invite, obviously, since I didn't know about the mother/daughter situation)

We decorate so many Gingerbread houses during the holiday season it's probably why my list is still too long.


These radish sandwiches warmed my heart.

Okay, the party was fab.  Madeline has great friends with great moms and I couldn't be happier with my box of Sees Candy I scored in the gift exchange.

But...I am seriously not in the mood to tackle that list.  I really just want to watch the show about midgets and eat a block of cheese (this is a family code phrase from 30 Rock when we just want to emotionally and physically check out).
So I am retrieving from my fridge the very awesome croissant custard dessert my sis n law Chanel made, grabbing a bottle of Perrier, and going channel surfing.   I have a full blown case of Christmas Denial.  Good Night.

2 comments:

  1. What a fun tea party! Love the quote from 30 rock, we just started the first season, hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do that too! I had two wedding receptions inside my home two weeks and 5 weeks before Christmas and boy did it mostly ruin my enthusiasm to do anything else...
    I didn't even do Christmas cards, but will try to get something out before Easter :)

    You are absolutely beautiful April and I think Derik is far from his distinguished phase...he is still in his Hot stage as are you! ;)

    ReplyDelete