I found this image in my iphone photos. I think Ford is portraying Moses and giving some sage advice.
He told me this morning that he thinks he wants to join the military. I under-reacted and asked him why, to which he replied "because I love my country". I also think it's because he is becoming interested in guns. Maybe this is a test for a mom who is very anti-gun (unless it's at a shooting range). He's 12 so I am going to file it away with what he told me he wanted to be when he was 6, a garbage man.
At the Saw Dust Festival
Grace and her new friend Katie. They were on vacation in Emerald Bay and Grace played with her everyday and they even had a sleepover. Turns out her dad grew up in El Toro, like Derik and my father in law was his Bishop.
Grace and her new friend Katie. They were on vacation in Emerald Bay and Grace played with her everyday and they even had a sleepover. Turns out her dad grew up in El Toro, like Derik and my father in law was his Bishop.It was not fertilized since they are both girls. How do I know this? I don't know, since one did lay an egg and it rolled out of the house and cracked on the ground before it had a chance to grow, or not.
Somehow we got the idea they are both girls so I guess that's what we're believing. I wonder why the egg fell out. Did they push it out, accidently knock it out, or did it roll out, because the house is slightly tilted? Do the birds feel sad, do they mourn the loss?


Just a note from the rogue military family. When I met Clint I was so clueless about the military. I assumed that was what people did instead of going to college. The officer corps is, of course made of college graduates, and has some of the most intelligent people I've known. And most of the officer's wives were professional and had masters degrees or higher. And some of them were anti-gun, too (I really don't like them much myself)! It's sure a great place to be a pilot--no lay-offs! At first I really wanted nothing to do with it, but I've loved the military life. We've lived in great places and everywhere we've gone we've had 2 instant families, the church and the Navy. So now that I've left a diatribe on your blog, I hope you'll forgive me! Just a note from someone who felt very much the same as you. I'm only writing just in case Ford does go that route--highly unlikely--that you have one data point that says there are some good things about the military.
ReplyDelete