Monday, August 10, 2009


I had a fabulous weekend!  It all started with our fabulous friends Dave, Lynnette, and Darian coming  for a visit.
For months I had been looking forward to seeing the movie Julie & Julia, really looking forward to it.  Madeline was excited to see it also.  I knew I would rather see it alone than with someone who wasn't as enthusiastic as I was about it.  

Enter Lynnette.  she not only was looking forward to seeing it also, but she actually read the book a couple of years ago.

We all cancelled our annual camping trip this year so we planned on a weekend together in Laguna.  It coincided with the opening of Julie & Julia.
We took all the girls (and Ford came too....he wanted to see it!) and oohed and aahed throughout the movie.  It was all I wanted it to be.

Lynnette then bought me THE MOTHER of all French cook books "Mastering the art of French Cooking", which we looked through all weekend.  I could see the foundation of Martha Stewart's, and Ina Garten's recipes in this book.  



Dave, Darian, and Lynnette



Of course we had to go home and make a french meal.  We started with a cheese plate and ate it out on the terrace.




Lynnette did all the cooking and I was her half-baked sous-chef.  
She made Lemon & Caper chicken, garlic mashed potatoes, and green beans.
She doesn't use/need recipes.




Madeline and Darian made this amazing chocolate cake.  It was the moistest cake I have had in a long time,  her secret (sour cream).


Beach day on Saturday


FUN FACT:  Lynnette and I were friends for 15 years before we discovered that we both have the same middle name, a french middle name.....Lorraine


                                                               Grace....Ford.....Darian



Madeline in her vintage suit, so chic!



We have been dog sitting Zoey again this week....we love her!



Sunday ended with the Tedders with a brunch with....Quiche Lorraine that Lynnette made, without a recipe again.  It was amazing.



What a wonderful weekend.  Lots of fun, sun, food, and love....


BON APETIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment