Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas

Sometimes I think I've been swooped up into a fairy tale. On the way to the Ranch this is a common sight.




The day after Thanksgiving, family went up to Boulder Mountain and cut down the tree for Christmas. This tree is about 20 feet tall and Derik put the lights on.
I stayed close by, ready to break a fall.

Kam and Katherine cut down a tree about the same size every year and bring it back home to Vegas on their truck. I still can't believe Kam can get it put up and decorated without a problem. I mean, a 20 foot tree in your home?....What? It is a beautiful sight, who needs Rockefeller Center.



This is a second tree for accent, because with a 20 ft. tree you need a little something to take the edge off.



Riley, admiring some of the Christmas Eve desserts.



Last year I attempted to make a Croquembuche for my family Christmas party and it didn't work out too well. The caramel glue became soft with the humidity and the cream puffs began falling off. It did taste good though. The spun sugar nest never happened either.
This year it held and I got a successful nest, thanks in part to the dry desert air and my laser thermometer.



We had part of the extended family at the four different homes on the Ranch Property for Christmas. We all gathered for Christmas Eve at our home. I have to think I am one of the luckiest girls in the world to be part of such a fabulous family. Everyone is so interesting and kind. It was so fun catching up with all of them. There were close to 100 people (and this was only half of the Hale family)



Derik sported some prickly facial hair the whole week, Ranch tradition (for him, at least).


The Nativity.


Santa stopped by too.

The parade down from the loft Christmas morning.




A little Barbie doll named Edward brought shrieks of delight from Grace.


1 comment: